- $17,000.00 van at 16% interest – more than I’d like to think about.
- $3.00 a day interest for 3 years – Oh my God’ish amounts to pay.
- $100.00 ticket for FAILURE TO AVOID A COLLISION - frustrating!
- Walking away without a significant scuff to my person– Priceless.
So we met with the claims adjuster today.
Our car which they valued at $10,000.00 had well over $12,000.00 worth of damage, classifying it as a total loss. So now (after B of A takes their cut) we get a piddly amount of money to put towards a new car. But there are two very important facts of which I must continue to remind myself.
- We never again have to make a huge payment every month for far more car than we actually need.
- I am physically OK. Very sore...but ultimately, OK.
This is, after all, why we bought this over-priced van in the first place. Being a crazily hormone poisoned pregnant woman at the time; I could only see the safety ratings. Price seemed so insignificant by comparison. And you know what? When it came down to it, I’m glad I was so obsessive. It permitted me to sit here, writing to you, when I could very easily have landed in the hospital.